When you're reading journal articles, look for key information like:
- What are the main hypotheses?
- Why is this research important?
- What are the theoretical perspectives of the authors?
- What is the sample size?
- What are the study's independent and dependent variables?
- Were the research measures and procedures appropriate for studying the stated hypothesis?
- What were the key research findings? Is the evidence falsifiable?
- Are the authors' conclusions supported by the data?
- Did the authors show any bias?