Research papers survey research done in a particular area. Their main emphasis is on bringing together theories and results from a number of studies to describe the "big picture" of an area of research.
1. Introduction: summarizes what you will write and puts it into context
2. Research Results: present your research results
3. Discussion: Discusses your research results and interprets them in light of other research. Each paragraph represents one aspect of the paper's main focus. Prioritize and organize your main points and paragraphs to logically build your arguments to a compelling conclusion. Each paragraph should include a topic sentence, evidence, analysis, and a transition sentence:
4. Conclusion: summarizes what you wrote and what you learned
4. References list: a list of the sources you cited