Check out the library's self-paced tutorial How do I search library databases? to learn the basics of database searches.
1. What is Mardigian Search and why should I use it?
2. I'm looking for a specific article or book. How do I find out if the library has it?
3. How do I find a peer-reviewed journal article about my case study?
Example Case Study: "The Bones of New York"
A jogger is out on a foggy Thursday morning and, while running through a forested path in Central Park, notices some oddly shaped white objects poking out from under a bush. The move closer and notice that they look like bones and that there are clothes nearby as well. They call the cops, the cops come and call the forensic anthropologist, and the case begins....the victim is a female of Caucasian origin in her thirties. Two of her ribs are broken (comminuted fractures) and her left leg (long bone) has a gunshot wound.
To find research articles about her traumatic injuries:
4. I have too many irrelevant search hits. How do I focus them?
5. How do I know my search words match the tags assigned to articles about my research question?
6. How do I preview the abstract/summary of articles in the list of search hits?
7. How do I access the article so I can read the whole thing?
8. I can't find anything on my topic. What do I do?