Some recommended journals in this area include:
1. How do I search for my topic?
Identify the keywords of your topic and use those as your search words
Each article has tags assigned to it, words or shorts phrases that make them searchable - you want your search words to match those tags
Words like factors, effects, issues, relationships are usually not used as tags - don't include them as search words
Example: Your topic is: Public School Funding in Michigan
Summon Search: ("school financ*" OR "school fund*”) Michigan
· financ* searches for all the variations that could end this term, like: finance, finances, and financing
2. How do I focus the search hits to meet my assignment requirements?
Use Refine Your Search in Summon to focus your search hits to just peer-reviewed journal articles:
· Click on Peer Review
· Under Content Type, click on Journal article
· Under Publication Date, move the scroll bar over to the year range you want to narrow down to (for instance: 2006 to Present).
3. I have too many irrelevant search hits. How do I focus them?