Physical items such as books, DVD's, or microfilm can be requested for delivery to the Mardigian Library or to University Libraries in Ann Arbor. Textbooks are very hard to obtain through interlibrary loan. Try MeLCat instead.
To place a request:
1. Log into ILLiad.
2. In the center-left of the page, you will see a list of options. Click on the "Loan (book, microform, etc.)" link.
3. Fill out the form as completely as possible, including all required fields.
4. Including an ISBN number will increase the speed with which your request is filled.
5. When you have completed the form, click the "Submit Request" button. Your request may take a moment to show up in your queue.
6. You will be notified by email when your request has been completed.
MeLCat is a library resource sharing service available to participating Michigan libraries. Library users who belong to a MeLCat library can:
1. Search for books, CD's, and DVD's from libraries across the state of Michigan.
2. Request materials be delivered to the Mardigian Library.
3. Checkout books in person at select "Visiting Patron" libraries.
MeLCat items requested at UM-Dearborn may only be picked up and returned at the Mardigian Library.
"Get This" is a service of the University Libraries in Ann Arbor. UM-Dearborn faculty, enrolled students, and staff can request delivery of books from UM-Ann Arbor and UM-Flint libraries to the Dearborn library by logging into their Mirlyn account. Complete instructions can be found on the Mardigian Library's website. For questions about "Get This," please contact Hatcher Circulation at (734) 764-0401 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request DVDs in advance for classroom use from the UM-Dearborn Library or UM-Ann Arbor's Askwith Media Library (faculty only):