You have a number of options for requesting books from other libraries. There are no fees for UM-Dearborn students, faculty, or staff to place these requests. We recommend going in the following order to find books from other libraries:
"Get This" is a service of the University Libraries in Ann Arbor. Current UM-Dearborn students, faculty and staff can request items from the UM-Ann Arbor and UM-Flint libraries, and have them delivered to the Dearborn library by using the MLibrary catalog.
Complete instructions and some Frequently Asked Questions can be found on the Mardigian Library's website. For additional questions about "Get This," please contact the Circulation Desk at Hatcher Library at (734) 764-0401, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or chatting with UM-Ann Arbor library staff at https://lib.umich.edu/ask.
MeLCat is a library resource sharing service available to participating Michigan libraries. You can request books by going to mel.org and enter the title, author, or keywords in the MeLCat Search box on the homepage. To order books and other materials through MeLCat, go to the Help page on the MeLCat website.
Library users who belong to a MeLCat library can:
1. Search for books, CD's, and DVD's from libraries across the state of Michigan.
2. Request materials be delivered to the Mardigian Library.
3. Checkout books in person at select "Visiting Patron" libraries.
MeLCat items requested at UM-Dearborn may only be picked up and returned at the Mardigian Library.
Physical items, including books, can be requested for delivery to the Mardigian Library or to University Libraries in Ann Arbor. Textbooks are very hard to obtain through interlibrary loan. Try MeLCat instead. To place a request:
1. Log into ILLiad at https://ill.lib.umich.edu/illiad/illiad.dll?
2. Click on the Loan (book, microform, AV, etc) link next to Place a Request at the top of the ILLiad Form
3. Fill out the form as completely as possible. Make sure to fill out required fields.
4. When you have completed the form, click the "Submit Request" button.
5. You will be notified by email when your book is available.
Frequently Asked Questions about the "Get This" service can be found on the Mardigian Library's website. For additional questions about "Get This," please contact the Circulation Desk at Hatcher Library at (734) 764-0401, by emailing email@example.com, or chatting with UM-Ann Arbor library staff at https://lib.umich.edu/ask.