Some libraries will lend hardcopy or microfilm copies of dissertations or theses. These items can be difficult to obtain depending on the policies of the lending instution or library.
1. Log into ILLiad.
2. In the center-left column, you will see a list of options. Click on the "Dissertation" link.
3. Fill out the form as completely as possible. Remember to include the chapter number or title, page numbers desired, and the author's name (if part of an anthology).
4. Including an ISBN number will increase the speed with which your request is filled.
5. When you have completed the form, click the "Submit Request" button. Your request may take a moment to show up in your queue.
6. You will be notified by email when your request has been completed.
Use the links below to search for research in your area:
The digital repository of the University of Michigan
Full-text of dissertations and theses from Big Ten universities and The University of Chicago
Some full-text dissertations from UK institutions
Search over 1,800 academic open access repositories
Search almost 1 million theses and dissertations. Some full-text and abstracts.