You can request DVDs, CDs, and other AV items from other libraries using the library's interlibrary loan services. There are no fees for UM-Dearborn students, faculty, or staff to place these requests.
MeLCat is a library resource sharing service available to participating Michigan libraries. You can request DVDs, CDs, and other A/V items by going to mel.org and enter the title, author, or keywords in the MeLCat Search box on the homepage. To order books and other materials through MeLCat, follow these instructions on the MeLCat website.
Library users who belong to a MeLCat library can:
1. Search for books, CD's, and DVD's from libraries across the state of Michigan.
2. Request materials be delivered to the Mardigian Library.
3. Checkout books in person at select "Visiting Patron" libraries.
MeLCat items requested at UM-Dearborn may only be picked up and returned at the Mardigian Library.
Physical items, including CDs and DVDs, can be requested using ILLiad and delivered to the Mardigian Library. Follow these steps to place a request:
1. Log into ILLiad at https://ill.lib.umich.edu/illiad/illiad.dll?
2. Click on the Loan (book, microform, AV, etc) link next to Place a Request at the top of the ILLIAD Form
3. Fill out the form as completely as possible. Make sure to fill out required fields.
4. When you have completed the form, click the "Submit Request" button.
5. You will be notified by email when your request is available.
Request DVDs in advance for classroom use from the UM-Dearborn Library or UM-Ann Arbor's Askwith Media Library (faculty only):
If you have DVDs, CDs, or other items from the Askwith Media Library (https://www.lib.umich.edu/